As you know, grassroots football has now been given the green light to resume (yay!) I’m sure everyone is excited to get back to playing again, but before we do it’s important that players & parents understand the new COVID-19 regulations that are in place so we can all enjoy our football as safely as possible, below I have outlined the main points for you to read, apologies for the long message but this is important stuff.
Training & match days :
- If players are feeling unwell, have a continuous cough & have a change in sense of smell & or taste please Do not attend training or matches. Or if the player lives with or has had close contact with.
- anyone who has a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 2 weeks, please do not attend.
- We will have a register of attendance for every training session & matches, this is crucial for track & trace purposes, we will also ask if your child is feeling unwell.
- Where possible players should only be accompanied by one adult.
- Please attempt to travel only with members of your own household, no car sharing unless absolutely necessary, if you do travel as a group please attempt to wear a face covering & wash all frequently touched areas of the car after the journey.
- Please use the designated entrances & exits only.
- All players & spectators must adhere to the signage in place, examples being, maintaining social distancing & ensuring the use of the hand sanitiser provided before & after every visit.
- All players must bring their own hand sanitiser, sun cream and any medication. These must all be labelled with the players name.
- Players must bring their own food & drink which needs to be in named containers.
- Players must refrain from spitting or shouting in close proximity. No chewing gum is allowed.
- Balls out of play must not be retrieved by non participants.
- Injuries can still be treated by coaches unless parents stipulate otherwise, appropriate PPE will be worn.
- Players must refrain from all unnecessary contact, goal celebrations, high fives, handshakes etc.
- Players, spectators & coaches must remain within their “bubble” & must not mix with other age groups who may be on site at the same time.
- Spectators must adhere to social distancing at all times and must stand in groups of no more than 6 people.
- Goalkeepers must ensure their gloves are regularly disinfected.
- There must be no sharing of equipment or kit.
- Toilets will be open but with limitations on numbers.
- Changing rooms will be closed , it is advised that players arrive in kit, ready to play.
- The tea hut will be closed for now.
Off the pitch :
- If any players test positive for COVID-19 or have symptoms they must follow the FA & government advice in place, your age group manager must be contacted immediately.
- Players medical records must be up to date.
- Players will only be permitted to train & play within their age appropriate group.
We appreciate it’s a lot to take in & a lot of patience will be required from all of us whilst we get used to it, ultimately though having these measures in place means we can all start playing the game we love again in a safe & enjoyable environment.
Please also read these key documents –